Staying current with the trends requires you to be up-to-date with Pantone’s color of the year. If you don’t know what Pantone is, then you should click here NOW. This year it’s Radiant Orchid which is a mix of purple, fuchsia and pink hues that blend well together. Compared to Emerald, last year’s color, we see radiant orchid being used in several mediums – flowers, linen, food embellishments and decor. If you want to stay or be color savvy, follow these five simple guidelines and be the first to use Radiant Orchid this year!
1. Visit Pantone’s website and use mixture of the 2014 colors. Choose up to 3 colors for your palette.
Too many colors will be overwhelming – this isn’t the 80’s.
2. Use Pinterest to organize your thoughts and colors into a mood board. You can
then use it as a tool to show clients or your vendors.
3. Visit your rental company’s website (hopefully that’s us!) to finish creating your color palette.
Keep your china, linen, and napkins in mind as you continue planning. Every detail will affect the
look you are creating.
4. Listen to the experts. They can help sort the multitude of information on the internet and help
guide you to the right creative partners that will eventually help execute your party.
5. Look to fashion to find new color trends. New York Fashion week is the perfect way look ahead to the
upcoming tends. Event designers find inspiration through fashion.
According to NACE (National Association for Catering & Events) members you can expect to see these colors in 2014:
- Ivory, blush, soft pinks – shabby chic
Leave a Reply