Frequently Asked Questions regarding A Classic Party Rental’s policy.
Additional charges may apply in unique circumstances:
- If the rental items are not ready for pickup on the contracted date
- If all food related products are not scraped and rinsed free of food
- If china and glassware are not returned to their racks
- If tables and chairs are not torn down and stacked in one location
In order for A Classic Party Rental to propose a thorough and complete quote, we will ask the following questions. We cannot quote the correct tent size without the answers to the below questions. Please do not expect an adequate quote if you do not have a location finalized for your event.
About Your Event:
- How many guests are you expecting?
- Will you need seats for all guests or is it a cocktail atmosphere?
- Will the food be plated or served buffet style?
- Will you need space for a band, dance floor and/or DJ?
- How many bars or drinks stations will you need?
- What other items are you envisioning under the tent that will need to be accounted for?
- Can the tent be staked or will it need to be weighted?
- Will the tent be installed on grass or asphalt?
- Be prepared to know if the property has: a sprinkler system, septic system, invisible fence, low hanging overhead utility lines, or low hanging tree branches.
- For the 811 dig, A Classic will place the call on your behalf, but be prepared to know your county and township.
- No reservation fee will be refunded for the cancellation of a tent order. The Reservation Fee is the full amount of the cost of the tent. The reservation fee and order cancellation fee for the other equipment are as follows.
- For cancellations prior to 30 days from the scheduled date – no cancellation fee and full refund of reservation fee to the client. Except in the case of tents.
- For cancellations 30 days or less from the scheduled date up to the second (2nd) day prior to the scheduled delivery/will call date – no cancellation fee, but the Reservation Fee of 25% will be retained by A Classic.
- For cancellations, 1 day prior or later to the scheduled delivery/will call date- a cancellation fee of 50% of the total charges for the order will be due from the client and the Reservation fee 25% will be retained by A Classic. This is a 75% cancellation fee.
- For same day cancellations (within 24 hours), or if an order has been prepped and/or loaded on a truck, 100% of the reservation total may be due.
The Damage Waiver is an Equipment Protection Plan for you. It is a non-refundable charge equal to 10% of the equipment total. All broken or worn items must be returned to A Classic in order to avoid missing related fees. The renter is still responsible for any and all theft, damage, loss, misuse and or destruction of or to the rental equipment.
What is not covered under the Damage Waiver?
- Linen that is ripped (misuse or abuse), contains candle wax or mildew will not be protected under the Damage Waiver as this will be considered soiled beyond cleaning and will be assessed at the replaced cost in addition to the rental fee.
- Linen Tip to avoid mildew: Do not pack wet linens in plastic bags as mildew can occur within a short 2 hour period. Try to keep linens in a cool, ventilated area as mildew breeds in hot, wet conditions.
- Excessive breakage due to negligence.
If the Damage Waiver is declined a copy of the Damage Waiver Release Form must be signed and on file prior to the event. The replacement cost of lost or damaged items will be billed to the contracted customer.
Customers have the option to pay a non-refundable Damage Waiver equal to 10% of the rental equipment total. This cost covers general wear and tear on the equipment. This fee relieves you of the cost of minor damages and repairs to the equipment. For example, a few broken or chipped pieces of china or glassware or minor tears in linen. This fee does not cover material damage, vandalism misuse or abuse. All broken items must be returned to A Classic to be considered part of the Damage Waiver.
Delivery charges are unique with each situation. Typically, if you are within Indianapolis and surrounding areas our delivery charge is $200 (subject to change). Please see our Delivery Page to receive an estimate based on your zip code. If you require delivery within a specific time frame, an additional “timed delivery” fee will apply. After-hours delivery and Sunday delivery or pick-up is an additional minimum charge of $750. A Classic is closed on all major holidays – if delivery or pick-up is absolutely necessary, A Classic will provide a custom quote.
Timed Delivery Fees
- For a requested “Morning” delivery or pick-up (9 AM to 1 PM) or “Afternoon” (1 PM to 5 PM) an additional $150 fee will apply. The fee allows A Classic to provide timed deliveries to all events that deem it absolutely necessary. Monday through Friday only, during normal business hours.
- For a specific time request, a $500 fee will apply. Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
- For a timed delivery after hours and/or weekends, a custom quote will be provided upon request, but a minimum charge of $500 will apply.
Yes, appointments are required. An appointment will ensure adequate time and attention is given to you and your event. There are several questions and factors that are involved in correctly quoting a tent – please do not expect an instant quote. Our Tent Specialist Team is not always in the office as site visits to the installation site is part of our process. If you arrive to our showroom without an appointment for a tent, there may not be a Tent Specialist available to help you.
Yes, please call us to schedule your appointment at least 24 hours prior. If you are feeling ill, please reschedule your appointment.
Tents: Appointments are required for all tent rental inquiries. Our Tent Specialist may not always be in the office as part of our process is visiting the installation site to determine the best size tent you will need. An appointment will ensure adequate time and attention is given to you and your event. Expect a 1-5 day turn-around time to receive a thorough itemized quote.
The A Classic Emergency after-hours number is 317.874.3464. If an error has been made by A Classic Party Rental, we will make your order correct at no additional charge to you. If you need emergency help or have forgotten an item, additional fees will apply (started at $500). Please only call in the event of an emergency. Our crews need time-off too!
We will deliver and pick-up all of our equipment form one location on the property. Please make us aware prior to the delivery of where the items can be placed. An example is placing items on a dock for a business or outside of the garage at a residential property.
If we are to encounter any stairs, extended carrying, or difficult terrain, additional charges will apply for the extended time. If A Classic is unaware of these potential hindrances in our delivery, it will cause our delivery schedule to be skewed and possibly affect other deliveries. As a courtesy to other customers, please provide us with thorough information. The more info the better!
First, you will speak directly to one of our experienced tent specialists to discuss the details of your event. Be prepared to answer specific questions about your event. Typically, a proposal will be prepared after the conversation and then a site visit consultation will be set up if you are ready to move forward. Depending on the location and scope and scale of your event, a site visit may be necessary before a proposal is sent.
We need a minimum of two weeks for the entire process. There are many factors that A Classic will take care on your behalf that require two weeks notice. In addition, we need time to prepare the labor so that adequate attention is given to all events.
- Indiana811 – Call before you Dig. A Classic Party Rental will call 811 to schedule the underground utility dig. This is required by Indiana State Law.
- A notification to the city of Indianapolis must be submitted for any tent above 400 square feet and must be filed within 5 days of installation.
- In some cases, a Tent Permit must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the tent install. A permit is required for all tents in Indianapolis above 3200 square feet and all non-residential tents in Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, and Westfield. The city of Lawrence also has strict guidelines and requires a permit for all tents. A Classic will need time to prepare the documents as well.
Setting up pipe and drape is simple – Angel, A Classic Party Rental’s Expo Manager, will show you how it’s done!
All items are thoroughly checked and counted upon return. We recommend that you are on site upon return to re-count with our team if necessary. If you are missing rental equipment after the event, you will be charged for the cost of the item unless it is returned in a reasonable time period.
If you notice you are missing items before your event, call A Classic immediately and we will do our best to remedy the situation. This will also prevent a “missing item” charge when we pick-up, as long as we were notified immediately upon receipt of your order. The emergency number is 317.874.3464. If A Classic is not at fault, a $500 minimum fee is associated with calling this number.
We want your event to be as successful as possible and understand that changes are inevitable. You may adjust your order once it has been placed. We recommend finalizing your order one week prior to your event.
Upon renting, a 25% deposit and a valid credit card number are required in order to confirm and reserve your equipment. Without a deposit, your order will remain a quote and the items will not be reserved for you. Once your deposit is confirmed with a valid credit card, your items are then taken our of inventory and set aside for you. These items are no longer available for rent to other customers. Your deposit is our commitment to you that the items you requested will be available for the date of your event.
- If you are picking up from A Classic Party Rental, the remaining balance is due upon pick-up
- If your order is being delivered, payment is due in full 2 days prior to the delivery date
Forms of Payment:
- We accept all major credit cards
- All checks need to be received at least 2 weeks prior to your event date
- We do not accept cash
You are strongly encouraged to give as much notice as possible, especially if you are hosting a large event, wedding reception or need to rent a tent. Nevertheless, we will always do our best to accommodate last minute orders as well, subject to availability of the products and labor.
All dishware, flatware, stemware and other food related rental items must be scraped of debris and rinsed free of food before returning. Additional cleaning fees will apply if food particles remain on the products. This policy serves you as the turn-a-round time to soak and clean extremely soiled equipment is not efficient. We will thoroughly wash all items once returned to A Classic Party Rental.
Linen can be returned dirty in A Classic linen bags or any container.
Set up of tents, dance floors, risers, and pipe and drape are automatically included in the price. If you wish to have other equipment set up, it must be arranged prior to delivery so that the appropriate staffing can be provided. Additional fees will apply.
Set Up/Tear Down Fees:
- Table set up – $2.50 per table
- Table tear down – $2.50 per table
- Chair set up – $1.50 per chair
- Chair tear down – $1.50 per chair
- Social distancing chair set up – $2.25
- Social distancing chair tear down – $2.25
- Bar set up and tear down – $15.00 per bar
A Classic Party Rental Address
8020 Zionsville Road
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Closed All Major US Holidays
Friday to Monday is considered a one day rental rate. For example, if your event is on Saturday, we will happily deliver on Friday and pick-up Monday or even Tuesday for a one day rate. Events lasting longer than one day are subject to higher rental rates.