One of my favorite things about hosting during the holidays is getting creative with table settings. I love taking the extra time to add thoughtful details to make my guests feel extra special. Here are a few simple, creative ideas for setting your own holiday table:
- In lieu of a tablecloth, use a festive runner. I like our burlap runner for a rustic feel and our tartan plaid for a classic holiday look. If you’re on a budget, DIY your own runner by cutting from your favorite wrapping paper. I love this gold foil tree wrapping paper from Target!
- When it comes to tableware and glassware, simplicity is key. I prefer using all white plates so the food is the star of the show. For glassware, I like to stick to one style for everything. Stemless wine glasses are chic and they’re a great for multi-purpose. Side tip: I recently was gifted these fun wine glass pens that are perfect for keeping track of whose drink is whose! These would be a great host gift or stocking stuffer for the wine lover in your life.
- Try rolling up napkins with twine and cinnamon sticks. If you’re feeling extra crafty, these DIY rosemary wreath place cards are quick and easy. Not only does it look pretty, but it smells amazing!
- Since I’m a minimalist when it comes to tableware I love using fresh flowers to add color and texture. If it’s a more formal affair I leave it to the professionals-I love working with The Empty Vase and McNamara. If it’s a casual get-together Trader Joe’s is my go to; they have a great selection and it’s so affordable! I just pick up a couple of bouquets and arrange them in mason jars.
- For an inexpensive alternative to flowers, place some fresh cranberries into mason jars with water and floating candles. The pop of color from the cranberries make a festive addition to a holiday table.
I hope these easy ideas inspire you to host your own dinner party over the holiday season. If you use any of the examples from this blog post be sure to snap a photo and tag us #AClassicIndy on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! Happy decorating!
Chung | Event Specialist & Social Media Coordinator for A Classic Party Rental
Leave a Reply