New to using chafers? These 5 tips will help you successfully host an event. Still not confident, give us a call and we will be happy to help.
- Never add fresh food to a chafing dish on the buffet table. Take out the used food pan and replace with a full one.
- Round chafing dishes are used for sauces, casserole type entrees and some vegetables. Rectangular chafing dishes are very good for foods that are to be kept flat such as stuffed chicken breasts, fish fillets, lasagna and asparagus spears.
- Never use anything but Sterno fuel in the burner.
- Stainless steel food pans can be placed in the oven to keep food warm.
- Light sterno 15 minutes before opening the buffet.
Leave a Reply