1) Patterns – We expect to see event designers combining patterns and textures. Brides are stepping out of their comfort zone by mixing colors and patterns making their wedding more memorable and original. The above photo (right) is a mixture of black & white damask linen with a different pattern in yellow on the menu and escort cards.
2) Fun Factor – Snow cone machines, old fashioned popcorn carts, corn hole, bocce ball- these things do not exactly come to mind when you think wedding. But Christina, from Intimate Weddings, predicts that just might change in 2013.
Visit Best Rentals, an Indianapolis party rental company, for more games!
3) Return to Elegance – Inspired by the upcoming movie release of Great Gatsby, Sarah, from Burnett’s Boards, predicts a shift from DIY trends to old world cinematic elegance. DIY, shabby chic, and rustic themes have dominated the wedding scene for the past two years, but as wedding divas like David Tutera flood the mainstream media airways, brides are exposed to more elaborate and glamorous table settings changing their idea of their dream wedding. Designer, Preston Bailey, tends to step outside of the normal Indianapolis bride’s budget, but there are ways create an elegant wedding in Indianapolis without spending six figures.
4) Unusual Venues – Traditional wedding venues are a great option and are very economical. We will never see a full shift away from ballrooms, hotels, or traditional venues.
However, the past few years, barn and farm weddings grew in popularity. This year, I predict warehouse and other non-traditional venues will be a popular choice among brides and event planners. Using pipe and drape, lounge furniture, and lighting, any venue can be transformed into the bride’s dream. In the above picture (left), The Crane Bay, one of Indy’s newest concert and event venue’s, is one of the most unique choices a bride can make in Indianapolis for her wedding.
5) Glamping – Think grown up summer camp. Stay with me here. Ultra luxe safari-style wedding tents with liners, heaters/AC, lighting, and greenery are highly popular right now with celebrities and brides. If you still can’t picture it, think camping meets glamorous. Visit this link to view pictures of a “Glamping” themed Lake Tahoe Estate wedding.
Leave a Reply